What is it?
Participants learn essential competencies to significantly enhance how they function and develop as leaders and they emerge with strategies and confidence to immediately make an impact in their organisations.
In this unique, interactive programme, we blend practitioner experience with the wider evidence-base, to encourage debate, problem-solving, and action learning. As well as benefiting individuals, the outcomes from this course will be directly transferable into organisations. The programme leads offer local and global expertise and experiences from a range of sectors and disciplines.
The programme consists of four full day classroom sessions, networking opportunities and case-studies and focuses on topics that build competencies on reputation relationships, results and readiness.
Reputation and Impact - Executive Presence and Visibility
- Exploring your career journey and its milestones
- Styles of leadership
- Identify your own leadership identity
- Political strategies and power at work
- Sphere of influence and ability to bring about change
Relationships and Resilience - Delegation and Feedback, Influencing and Building Relationships
- Coping with challenges of our roles
- Professional responsibilities
- Work-life balance
- Emotional intelligence and developing resilience
- Approaches to defining effective working relationships
- Role of coaching and mentoring in personal development and leadership
Results - Accountability for Results, Business and Financial Acumen
- Role of ethics, corporate governance and strategic direction
- Organisational reputation
- Branding and policies pivotal in attracting future employees
- Selection of organisations based on their values, environmental and ethical stance
- Readiness - Transformation and Innovation
- Taking your career to the next stage
- Personal impact, presence and gravitas
- Managing upwards
- Personal brand and presence
In the short term, organisations will benefit from increased engagement as well as better use of talent. Delegates will develop their own leadership blueprint and increase their self-confidence.
In the medium term this course will enable delegates to build a profile through a network of women leaders, opening up new opportunities for support, mentoring and being a role model.
In the long term you will be following a path of continuous learning, leveraging the resources of our professional university.
The four-day programme will take place one day a month from March to June 2020.
Thursday 5 March 2020
Thursday 2 April 2020
Thursday 21 May 2020
Friday 12 June 2020
The programme is designed for women who:
- Are currently in leadership positions, with direct reports
- Aspire to more senior levels of management
- Seek to refresh skills and knowledge, or enhance their professional influence
- Are entrepreneurs or business owner
£1350 before 31/01/20 £1500 after